Most people run through the grocery store and grab what they need. That’s all cool.
But right now, I am recommending to slow down and date the experience.
About nine months ago, a Whole Foods moved into our area and until now I discovered the amazingness of this store so this post will feature that store but there are others like it such as Wegmans and Fresh Market that have similar dateable features.
I mean these grocery stores go out of their way to make your shopping experience amazing and now I am saying make them date spots to make your date life amazing, too.
Here are a few tips to make your next trip to your local store go from an UGhhh to Let’s Date that again.
Test Samples – They are there for you to taste. Taste them. Then talk. I tried a red cherry and a yummy cinnamon. Yum! Food makes people talk so use it to your dating advantage. Start the conversation with food.
- Talk to Staff – They know what they work with. Never be afraid to ask questions or request a sample of something. Talking to staff maybe start a conversation between the two of you on a random topic, too. Something different than the normal bills, kids & work stuff.
3. Check Out Events – Now stores host events like cheese tasting, wine tasting & cooking classes. I have seen all sorts of things so use the events to your advantage. Make them dateable!
4. Stay Awhile – Plan to enjoy your visit. If they have drinks, sit down and relax. If they have tasty treats, take a moment to enjoy their food while in the store. Nothing is rushing to another location. Stay.
5. Enjoy Yourself – I have seen some fun things to do at stores that may seem like they are for the kids but they are actually there for adults to enjoy, too. So don’t fear them but instead have the courage to play. Another suggestion. Grab a magazine and read either together or by yourself. Just slow down and enjoy the space and the activities that the place provides. Try not to bury yourself in your phone or watch the horrible TV. STAY AWAY! When out on a date, you want to engage and make a memory so connect.
Another suggestion. Grab a magazine and read either together or by yourself. Just slow down and enjoy the space and the activities that the place provides. Try not to bury yourself in your phone or watch the horrible TV. STAY AWAY! When out on a date, you want to engage and make a memory so connect.
Oh yes, try not to bury yourself in your phone or watch the horrible TV. STAY AWAY!
When out on a date, you want to engage and make a memory so connect.
6. Pick a Place – Deciding where you sit is very important. First, look around then pick a place that is right for you. At Whole Foods, I was impressed with the variety of options. Indoor and outdoor. They had a ton of different seating choices. Love that.
7. Food Bar Menu – Sometimes it is hard to match everyone’s craving so try a food bar and enjoy creating your own plate.
8. Purchase a Fun Things – Don’t make this date about grocery shopping but a shopping for you and your date. Grocery stores today carry all sorts of things so explore and take one with you. Flowers are a nice touch!
9. Take a Sweet Treat Home – You can either pick up a dessert or select items that create a dessert. Nothing says love like a sweet.
10. Enjoy the Grocery Store
Make sure you smile, laugh and enjoy every moment!
Thanks, Whole Foods in Allentown for inspiring this post.
Also, I loved talking with Eileen the cheese specialist! She is amazing.
Try a Grocery Date Tonight!