Life can be like Yes, No, Maybe, Ask again, but if you and your partner create a focus through goal setting things seeeeem to have a direction and may align with what you want out of life. I can’t promise there will be no curve balls, but your goals will keep you holding to a vision.
There are a variety ways to do this. Make a simple list with 5 points to achieve, sign into an online goal organizers like Map Our Lives or old school vision boards using scissors and magazine clippings. I am not sure what is better, but I like arts and crafts so my vision boards are typically paper, clippings, and ideas. I have created them for work, vacations, and future planning. They can be elaborate collages or just 5 images. I am no Martha Stewart but I try my best to be creative, neat and put myself into the project. Think Pinterest. Technically that web application is a giant vision board for everything from makeup, fashion, decor, and random other stuff.
The List- Simple can be best. Write down 5 goals and post them where you can see them like a frig.
2. Collage- Grab magazines, photos, print out images to design your collage representing who you want to be. You can also design it as a couple and develop united goals for two or your family. Kids can do this, too.
3. Online- Sign up, log in and create your goals through guided questions, photo uploads and monitor your progress online.
4. Gift Ideas- If you master the art of cutting, pasting and designing, create a gift to give your love one. Cards, framed images, posters, etc.
Quick Steps to Collaging: 10-15 minutes, Materials: Scissors, Tape or Glue, Magazine, paper
- Grab a magazine
- Develop a Purpose to design around
- Look for words, letters and images
- Cut out all that inspires
- Layout the clippings
- Select color combinations or fonts that blend (Red Heart, Red Letters)
- Start designing
- Don’t think too much, just go
- Begin to glue or tape your pieces down on paper
- Look back and admire your work
Congrats! You have created a vision board or a fun collage to share. Remember to display your work!