After turkey day, there is Black Friday. We go from feasting to shopping! This Friday set a couple’s goal to walk 16,000 steps. Set your fitness tracker, FitBits, Garmins, or download an app and start moving together.
Ideas to Increase Steps:
- Shop large stores or malls
- Take the steps instead of elevators
- Separate and see if you can find each other again, no texting (Seinfeld style)
- Ask your partner to find something in an unfamiliar store
- Complete a black-friday-scavenger-hunt
- Park far away from the location
- Walk the entire floor plan, both floors
- Walk a local downtown or outdoor shopping mall
- Stand back to back, walk away about 50 steps then try to guess what your partner is wearing, text your response (50 steps right there)
- Compare one item in three different stores
You can do this! If you love prizes, set a reward for hitting the goal like a coffee, $10 gift card or a hug. While out, monitor your step count and encourage each other to reach the final goal. You could always have a 1,000 step congratulation high fives, fist pumps and hugs. Be creative, walk it out and achieve this goal as a couple!
Happy Black Friday!